Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Year

One of my (many) resolutions this year is to update this blog more. I am aiming for once a week. I hope to include more interesting tidbits and not just recipes, although those are frequently what I get excited about, especially in the depths of winter.

Along with updating, some of my resolutions are to read more for pleasure (this will be difficult with school but I am aiming for a book per month), stick to a budget, spend more time "doing," especially creative pursuits, and of course the all-encompassing "get in shape." I read an interesting article over at lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/5724936/use-the-one+a+month-technique-to-adopt-habits-that-stick?skyline=true&s=i) about how to turn resolutions into actual habits. One of my biggest frustrations is my failing to follow through on my goals. I start strong for a week or two and then completely fall off the wagon, whether it's something concrete like exercise or a simple change of attitude.

As the article explains, I divided my goals by month. There are things I am planning for later in the year that I am keeping in mind, like running the Bolder Boulder 5K in May. But by taking it a month at a time I am less likely to get overwhelmed. I would love to hear your resolutions and how you plan to accomplish them!

1 comment:

  1. I support this resolution! Also didn't know you read Lifehacker, cool! I've been reading that for years.

    ReplyDelete