Friday, November 12, 2010

Review- Annie Chun's Garlic Scallion Noodle Bowl

I feel the need to immediately review this product as I just ate it so here goes: I picked up a few of these noodle bowls because they were on sale (they are normally close to $4 a piece and they were about $2.50 at King Soopers). I really like the Annie Chun's Udon noodle soup and these looked pretty good as well with few strange ingredients. They are very convenient to make- add water and cook for 90 seconds, but they are not very tasty and not nearly worth the calories. I hate it when a convenience lunch food like this gives calorie ratings as half servings. Who cooks a tiny lunch like this at work or school and then eats half of it? It misleadingly lists calories as 310, not bad for lunch, but 620 is ridiculous!! I would have never bought it had I noticed the half serving size. I could have just eaten two slices of pizza, but instead I ate over-salted plain noodles and am still hungry! These would be tolerable with added tofu and veggies and maybe half of the sauce packet (which is where I'm guessing all the calories come from) but who had time for that? Plus I could make a similar dish myself and it would be better and cheaper. This product looked and tasted nothing like the package promised. I will definitely stick to the udon soup when I feel like a sodium bomb of convenient "Asian" flavor. These noodle bowls are so not worth the price or the extra exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment