Monday, January 26, 2009

there's a itchy-scratchy monster sneaking up my throat...

So to take a quick break from the laborious process of recounting this past summer, I have to say that being sick is awful, but knowing you are ABOUT TO GET SICK is almost worse. I awoke today feeling stuffy and a little out of it, but shrugged it off to a poor night's sleep. As the day progressed, my throat became more sore and now it is ragingly painful. Otherwise I have no symptoms, besides general fatigue/achy. To top this off, tomorrow is my first day of work at a new job! (Trader Joe's). I am trying to think positive and bolster my immunity with healthy thoughts.
On another note, I recently saw "My Bloody Valentine" in glorious 3-D. The ticket was close to $15, but I have to say it was more of a cinematic "experience" than most films nowadays. Sure, it played the 3-D gimmick for all it was worth, but isn't that what my hard-earned (or in this case boyfriend's) hard earned money is for? I mean, how often does one get to dodge a pick axe flying at their face, or cringe as some poor teen's blood drips off the screen? Cinema at its best folks. The only downside is that I may need a small fortune to see all these 3-D movies coming out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment