Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Documenting the Summer

So, while I was planning this major escapade last summer, I found very few references that incorporated a large-scale roadtrip like I was planning on taking. So, since I did not have the luxury of keeping a blog while travelling, I thought I would post a brief summary of me and Jay's travels here, for whoever would need it, and for myself when I start forgetting its splendor. I'll start with an itinerary of the whole trip:

May 24, 2008: Left Cleveland, OH/Slept near St. Louis
May 25: St.Louis to Salina, KS (stopped by army of tornadoes)
May 26: Salina to Boulder, CO to Rocky Mountain National Park
May 27-30: Moraine Park Campground, RMNP
May 30-31: Aspen, CO
May 31-June 1: Crawford State Park, CO
June 1-2: East Portal Campground, Black Canyon of the Gunnison
June 2: Grand Junction, CO to Arches NP, UT
June 2-4: Devil's garden campgrounds, Arches NP
June 4-8: Moab, UT
June 8: Squaw Flat Campground, Canyonlands NP, UT
June 9: Backcountry Canyonlands NP
June 10-12: Capitol Reef NP, UT
June 12-14: Bryce Canyon NP, UT
June 14-16: Grand Canyon NP, AZ
June 16-18: Zion NP, UT
June 18: Mesquite, NV
June 19: Las Vegas, NV
June 20: Sequoia NP, CA
June 21-23: Sequoia NP
June 23-27: Backcountry Sequoia
June 27-29: King's Canyon NP, CA
June 29: Los Banos, CA
June 30: Santa Cruz, CA
July 1-5: Berkeley, CA
July 5: Patrick's Point State Park, CA
July 6: Del Norte Coast State Park, CA
July 7-9: Crater Lake, OR
July 9-10: Eugene, OR
July 10-11: Portland, OR
July 11: Kalaloch campground, Olympic NP, WA
July 12-15: Backcountry, Olympic NP
July 15: Lost Resort Campground, Ozette WA
July 16-18: Coastal backcountry, Olympic NP
July 18: Ellensburg, WA
July 19: somewhere in South Dakota?
July 20: Mt. Rushmore and Badlands NP
July 21: Near Chicago
July 22: Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment